Refrigerator and freezer repair service
If there was a household appliance we simply couldn’t manage without, it’s this one. Thanks to advances in technology, we are able to store a whole host of different food products both in the short term as well as for months on end.
From salad items to dairy products, meats and fish to frozen vegetables, our food storage equipment is an absolutely essential part of our day to day lives.
On today’s consumer market, there’s a wide variety of makes and models for you to choose from, including:
- Bottom freeze refrigerators
- Top freeze fridge
- Side-by-side units
- French door fridge
- Standalone chest
- Standalone upright freezer.
The average life cycle for our cold appliances is anywhere between nine and thirteen years and given the costly price tag often associated with them, it’s in all of our interests to keep them in top working order to ensure we get best value for money. There are a number of ways to help maintain them, which include:
- Make a point of regularly checking the electrical cords on both appliances for wear and tear
- Where possible, minimise the amount of times you open and close the door and pay close attention to the state of your door seals. If they look worse for wear, make it a priority to have them replaced
- Avoid overfilling and try to organize food items sensibly, keeping similar products together and separating items to prevent cross contamination
- Refer to your manufacturer’s guidance to check if it recommends making seasonal temperature control adjustments – if it does, follow the advice given
- Try to maximize air circulation by arranging shelving racks in such a way that air can move around more easily
- Create a regular defrosting schedule. Removing a little frost regularly is far easier to manage and it’ll also help to maintain best performance for longer
- Regularly check the electrical cords to make sure they aren’t damaged in any way.
When it comes to fridge freezer maintenance, every little certainly helps. But during the life cycle of your refrigeration devices, there’s a good chance at some point you’ll come up against an unexpected problem, particularly during the summer months.
Common problems our customers report:
- The door seal is damaged or broken
- Food isn’t being kept cold enough
- Mold has formed
- The door won’t close properly
- It’s leaking
- The ice dispenser won’t make or release ice
- Frost forms almost immediately after defrosting has taken place
- The lights won’t come on when the door is opened
- Unusual noises are coming from the cold appliance
- The drain hose is blocked.
When it comes to refrigerators and freezers, don’t leave your repairs to chance. Count upon the experts to resolve your problems by giving us a call today.